W. Clement Stone’s Believe and Achieve – 17 Principles of Success
Sound Wisdom, P. O. Box 310, Shippensburg, PA 17257, 9780768408362,
$ 15.99, 2016, 278 pages
Reviewed by Richard R. Blake, firstname.lastname@example.org
Time Tested Principles for Achieving Success
- Clement Stone’s “Believe and Achieve – 17 Principles of Success” is an official publication of the Napoleon Hill Foundation. The writings and principles introduced by Clement Stone and Napoleon Hill have influenced and become the model for contemporary motivational writers. Nationally recognized leaders in industry and highly influential people in the medical and educational fields also validate the soundness of these principles.
The book is divided into five categories:
- Attitudinal Principles which emphasize the importance of a positive mental attitude and a well-defined purpose
- Personal Principles which discuss initiative, enthusiasm, self-discipline, finances, and health.
- Fraternal Principles which introduces the Master-mind alliance and teamwork
- Intellectual principles that include creative vision, controlled attention and accurate thinking
- Spiritual Principles of applied faith and the constancy of change
Anecdotes and success stories demonstrate the importance of learning from defeat; going the extra mile, taking initiative, and maintaining enthusiasm; these stories are interspersed throughout the book. Readers can easily identify with the testimonials, and become motivated to apply the principles personally.
This revised and updated edition of W. Clement Stone’s “Believe and Achieve – 17 Principles of Success” is must reading for anyone today seeking to achieve success in business, relationships, and a personal sense of finding purpose.
A complimentary copy of this book was provided for review purposes. The opinions expressed are my own.