Reviewed by Richard R. Blake
Concepts, Contexts, and Challenges
Napoleon Hill’s writing style is profound, unique, and powerful with life-changing potential.
I found Sharan Lechter’s annotated notes on Napoleon’s words in “Outwitting the Devil, the Secrets to Freedom and Success” both vital and insightful in:
- Providing background information, the circumstances at the time of Hill’s original writing, and today’s contemporary audience.
- And in helping today’s reader interpret of Hill’s “Secrets of Success and Freedom.”
Note: based on Lechter’s suggestion to take one of two views on Hill’s conversations with the Devil, I chose to think of them as a parabolic, created to reach and touch the heart.”
Personal challenges and take away for me include:
- The importance of perseverance
- The importance of finding and living out a full and meaningful life
- How to learn from my mistakes and failures
- The need to revisit my purpose statement
- The life-changing potential of Hill’s theosophy for personal succes
“Outwitting the Devil” is as vital for today’s reader as on the day of the original writing. I want to suggest that you add this book to your reading list today.
Sound Wisdom, Shippensburg, P. O. Box 310, PA 17257, 978-1640951839, $16.95, 2011, 272 pages
A complimentary copy of this book was provided for review purposes. The opinions expressed are my own.